PURI- A Complete Guide to Beach Capital Of Odisha
Welcome To Puri
Puri, also known as Shrikhetra (The Abode of Lord jagannath) or Purusottama Puri, called to be a renowned town and headquarters of Puri District within the Indian state of Odisha (formerly Orissa). Approximately 60 km from Bhubaneswar by bus (about ₹ 90), regarding two hours by train. There area unit several hotels, most overseas tourists stay almost about the beach.
The Sun temple at Konark is also near . If you head to Puri by road from Bhubaneswar you’ll go past Pipli with its lovely applique handicrafts, piece a glance. The Puri ocean beach could be a major attraction with its fantastic ocean face read and golden sand, the water could be a bit rough (which is sweet if you prefer to surf).
Best Time To Go:
The Rath Yatra and Nava Kalebara are the most famous festivals of Puri. Observing the journey of Lord Krishna from Gokul to Mathura, the Rath Yatra is widely known on the second day of the intense period of Asadha (June-July). The idol is placed in an exceedingly significant chariot and therefore the efforts of many devotees needed to maneuver it.
The Nava Kalebara pageant is associate vastly vital ceremony, whereby the idols of the 3 deities-Jagannath, Balabhadra and Subhadra- modification their external forms. New idols are inscribed out of specially sacred chandan/neem trees, following sure rules. The ‘daru’ (wood) is then transported to the temple fully regalia.
Puri Beach is widely known annually in early November.
How to Reach
BY AIR –
The nearest airport is at Bhubaneshwar (60 km), the urban center.
BY RAIL –
Puri is additionally joined to different cities in Odisha.
BY ROAD –
Puri is connected with Bhubaneshwar, Konark, Berhampur, Taptapani, Sambalpur and urban center by road.
- Shree Jagannath Puri Temple. (one in every of the four dhams i.e. the four most sacred pilgrim’s journey places of Hindus. made within the eleventh century and is that the place to begin of the world-famous Rath Yatra, command in Gregorian calendar month.)
- Bedi Hanuman Temple.
- Chakra Tirtha Temple.
- Swarga Dwar or The entrance to Heaven.
- Golden Beach of Puri.
- Mausima Temple (Mausima Mandir).
- Shree Gundicha Temple Destination of Rath Yatra.
- Chilika Lake, the biggest brakish water lake in Asia (65 km long, 8-20 km wide, regarding 2m deep), is located simply a couple of kilometers far from Puri and could be a place price visiting. it’s been dearly known as because the “honeymooners’ paradise” and “breakfast island.”